Sunday, May 17, 2015

Girl in a Materialistic World

I have officially found myself at a low point of my being. Technologically speaking that is. Let me just put it to you this way; I am now part of the "I will freak out if I don't have me phone on me/lost it because it basically has my life on it" club. Yep, I'm inhumane now.

                                                                                                             The devil. 

I was lucky enough to have found it when me and my mother asked around at a Sears department store, (thank you a milli big tall employee guy!) AND KEEP IN MIND THIS WAS AROUND CLOSING TIME. Also, I just got my Samsung Galaxy Edge not even two months too.

All of these emotions that was processing through body and mind was all over a small hand size communication device. It truly is saddening because it has now become like a second beating heart that we not only rely on but seems that we can't survive without it. The negative perks of modern society. Get me my Delorean and we can go live back in 2000, like right now?

I was silent going back home, contemplating to myself of how foolish I felt. It seemed to me that it was a combination of karma and the way I handle (stressful, bad) situations, and materialism perhaps. Or I'm just irresponsible and this happened for my own good lesson of life. Who, what knows? I do think how materialist items can bring the worst in people and I need to start taking limits on my phone usage unless it is absolutely necessary of importance. Time to be a Buddhist monk now!!!

On an ironic note, Sears and me have in recent months (& today, of course) have become acquaintances now. Their wardrobe has improved in taste and are significantly better in prices. JCP has def stepped down their style game, CYa wouldn't wanna be ya!

Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment