Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Well La-Dee-Dah. .

It's Wednesday and I really gotta stop using film references as my post name. Then again, I also think I may have found my favorite phrase to say too. (Annie Hall anyone?)

When I think about last Monday and now, the clock from Salvador Dali's Persistence of Memory comes to mind. Maybe it's my lack of a consistent routine. Motivation, perhaps. As a post undergraduate, this is a struggle that I'm trying not to beat myself upon because the reality of post-grad life situation's take time for the most part; so basically, I'm trying to somewhat enjoy the fact I don't have a real life job (or part time for that matter) and just sulk in time for things such as creating art and other whatnot that I can do while I'm still young. *Praise the lord for my rents who do not totally nag of my situation, yet* They say patience is a virtue, right? 

Luckily for me, this dragging week and half-ish had been a productive and tid bit neat one. 

MONDAY
That afternoon consisted of an unplanned theme of plein air painting, spontaneous even. I originally was going to paint fresh flowers in a vase but my view of my own winter wonderland of a backyard caught my vision to capture that instead.




WEEKEND
The art gallery I intern at has an artist-in-residence program, which involves artists around the world to create a body of work and to state what their concepts that go into the work, within a certain time frame to create all. One of the artists in this program I had the pleasure of assisting with name Rebecca, (check her stuff >  >  > rebeccanoone.com) and although we didn't get to constantly work side by side, I got the time to know about her concepts in her work as well as see some of her work too since she is mainly a conceptual artist. Sadly, she left on Sunday to go back to Toronto; a couple of days before that she gave me a record of a band I never heard. Plus look how rad the design cover is. My love for vintage will always be of existence but unfortunately having a record player isn't. So naturally living in the current year of 2015, I checked out a couple of their songs on YT & instantly was hooked. Heck yes, for new music recommendations! If you like randomness of wordy lyrics and robot-like funk beats, take a gander at the tunes. And all I have to say is . .
Tom Tom Club, where have you been all of my life?!
And thank you OH SO MUCH for this, Rebecca!



*I got 3.27 in my pocket* . . OK OK, I won't go Macklemore on ya, but I did do some unexpected thrifting that was worth spending. For the longest time, I have always wanted a thick, simple white sweater. And now I happily own one. The language I believe a simple white sweater says I'm comfy and chic without looking a slob, non? Oui, très chic.

                                                                                                  Turtle, Turtle. Neck.

Labels.


So basically we all know buying a sweater with just pocket change is the way to end a weekend/week? Well of course it does. 

XOXO.



No comments:

Post a Comment